Applied Hydrogeologic Solutions, LLC (AHS) is a multidisciplinary environmental consulting firm specializing in straightforward and cost-effective solutions for environmental projects ranging from basic to complex.
Our mission is to provide our clients with the highest-quality service and environmental technical expertise to meet regulatory requirements on time and on budget, thus reducing or eliminating liabilities, maximizing client property values, and protecting natural resources.
AHS offers environmental consulting services to both governmental and private entities. Our professional staff has more than 20 years experience providing environmental services throughout Florida and the United States. Our services include the following:
- Petroleum Cleanup
- Groundwater Services
- Regulatory and Legal Support Services
- Water Resource Services
- Environmental Management Services
- Environmental Compliance Services
AHS combines the experience of a large firm with the personal attention of a small business. We provide cost-effective and quality service for our clients.
About James Hirsch
James Hirsch is a professional geologist and president of Applied Hydrogeologic Solutions LLC. He has over 20 years of experience working as an environmental professional.
Mr. Hirsch graduated from the University of Florida in 1988 with a B.A. in Anthropology. A year later, he earned his B.S. in Geology and subsequently earned an M.S. in Geology, both from the University of Florida.
Throughout his career, Mr. Hirsch has been active in various professional organizations. He has served as president of the Florida Association of Professional Geologists and as an Advisory Board member of the American Institute of Professional Geologists. He has been active in the Florida Petroleum Marketers Association (FPMA), and was FPMA’s 2011-2012 Environmental Committee Chair. As chair, he took part in the development of new rules for the State of Florida Petroleum Cleanup Program. He has also worked with FPMA in its efforts to protect the Inland Protection Trust Fund, which funds Florida’s Petroleum Cleanup Program. Currently, Mr. Hirsch serves as an advisory member of Save Our Lakes, Inc.
- Professional Geologist in Florida (1994), Georgia (2001), and Alabama (2001)
- Past President of the Florida Association of Professional Geologist (FAPG), a Section of the American Institute of Professional Geology
- Past Chair of the Florida Petroleum Marketers Association (FPMA) Environmental Committee
- Advisory Board Member 2009/2010 of the American Institute of Professional Geologist (AIPG)
- Dredging Requirements Course (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers – DOTS)
- Dredged Material Management Course (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers – DOTS)
- Basic Benthic Evaluations Course (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers – DOTS)
- Ecological and Human Health Risk Assessment Course (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers – DOTS)
- Construction Dewatering & Groundwater Control Course – National Groundwater Association, 2008
- Advanced Aquifer Testing Techniques Course – University of Miami, 2006
- The Remediation Course – Princeton Groundwater, Inc., 2002
- Health and Safety Training: OSHA and Supervisor Training, OSHA Annual Refresher Course